About the Recipe
Check out this Phase 1 friendly Ideal Protein Recipe
One boneless chuck roast, approximately 3 lbs.
1 Tbsp IP salt
1 tsp black ground pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ cup of IP balsamic vinaigrette dressing
2 cups water
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of IP Mashed Potato mix
Fresh parsley, chopped to garnish
1. Season the Chuck roast with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder on both sides.
2. In a large heavy bottomed pan sear both sides of the roast until browned. Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar and cook for one minute.
3. Add the water to the pan. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover and simmer on low for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Carefully remove the meat from the pan to a large bowl. Break carefully into chunks and remove any large pieces of fat or other refuse.
6. Whisk the mashed potato mix into the broth and add the meat back to the pan.
7. Serve over Cauliflower Mash, garnished with lots of fresh chopped parsley.