About the Recipe
Check out this Phase 1 friendly Ideal Protein Recipe
1 potato puree mix (dry)
1 crispy cereal mix (dry), crushed
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
pinch of salt
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
¼ C. (2 oz.) skim milk
1 tsp. olive oil
½ C. shredded zucchini
*****Because this recipe calls for 2 oz of skim milk, split the recipe and save the other half of it for the following day!
Servings: Entire recipe = 2 unrestricted (4 bagels); ½ recipe = 1 unrestricted (2 bagels)
TIP: Use the two bagels to make great sandwiches or burgers.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place shredded zucchini in a small bowl; microwave on high 1 minute.
3. Blot with paper towels to remove excess moisture; set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients with a whisk.
5. Add wet ingredients (except zucchini) and stir to incorporate, just until mixed; fold in zucchini.
6. Scoop batter into a sprayed regular sized donut pan making 4 bagels.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes clean.