About the Recipe
Check out this Phase 1 friendly Ideal Protein Recipe
1 lb lean ground beef 1 ½ Tbsp Olive oil 1 tsp. minced garlic 3 ½ C shredded cabbage (white and red) ½ C thinly sliced red pepper salt & pepper, to taste Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, garnish
Sauce: ½ tsp Splenda ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated 1 tsp fresh lime juice 2 Tbsp Tamari or low sodium soy sauce ½ tsp sesame oil Dash of hot sauce, to taste
1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over med heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl, whisk.
3. Drain fat from the ground beef, remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the same fry pan heat the olive oil over med heat, add garlic, cabbage and red pepper. Stir fry until cabbage is slightly wilted with a bit of crunch.
5. Stir in the sauce and add the meat; stir to combine, garnish with chopped cilantro. Best served hot.