About the Recipe
Check out this Phase 1 friendly Ideal Protein Recipe
Your collection is already set up for you with fields and content. Add your own content or import it from a CSV file. Add fields for any type of content you want to display, such as rich text, images, and videos. Be sure to click Sync after making changes in a collection, so visitors can see your newest content on your live site.
8 scallions, chopped coarse
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 chili peppers, stemmed and seeded
1 (1-inch) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
2 tablespoons Walden Farms pancake syrup
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tablespoon thyme
2 teaspoons allspice
¼ teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon IP salt
4 pounds bone-in, skin-off chicken pieces (split breasts, thighs, drums)
lime wedges for serving
1. Place scallion, oil, chilies, ginger, WF syrup, garlic, thyme, all spice, cardamom, and salt in a food processor or blender and puree. Transfer ½ cup mixture to slow cooker; reserve remaining mixture.
2. Add chicken to slow cooker and coat evenly with scallion mixture. cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 4- 6 hours on low.
3. Position oven rack 10 inches from broiler element and start broiler. Place a wire rack in a foil lined bake sheet and coat with vegetable spray. Transfer chicken onto rack. Brush chicken with half of reserved scallion mixture and broil until lightly charred, about 10 minutes. Flip chicken over, brush with remaining scallion mixture and continue to broil until lightly charred on second side, about 5 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
• If you aren’t into spicy, omit the chili peppers.
• If you accidentally over spice your sauce, add a few squeezes of lime to neutralize some of the heat or add in pureed cucumbers to cool down the heat.
• I recommend doubling the marinating sauce so you have plenty to brush on the chicken for broiling step.