About the Recipe
Check out this Phase 1 friendly Ideal Protein Recipe
• 1 packet Blueberry Pancake Mix
• 1/8 tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 1 egg – separate white from yolk
• 1 oz milk or half & half
• 2 tsp grapeseed oil
• 2 Tbsp Ideal Protein Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift out the blueberries from the pancake mix.
3. Add in baking soda and powder to pancake mix.
4. In a small bowl, add the blueberries and 2 Tbsp of maple syrup, let the berries soak in the syrup for at least 30 minutes.
5. In a small deep bowl beat egg white until soft peaks form, set aside.
6. Mix egg yolk, milk, oil; whisk well. Then add in powder mixture blending until smooth.
7. Fold egg white into the smooth batter.
8. In the bottom of a small baking dish, spray with nonstick spray and add in blueberries and syrup.
9. Gently spoon batter over top of the blueberries.
10. Bake for 25 minutes.
11. Cool for 15 minutes and invert onto plate to finish cooling.
Tip: To prepare pancake and waffle batter, follow recipe but skip the syrup and sifting out blueberries step.